Finding Hope During COVID-19
Until then, all of us at Hearts want to do whatever we can to help the people in the community cope with their current situations and give hope to those who are struggling through. We want to be able to provide any additional programs and outreach wherever we can. So, we had to seek assistance in order to keep moving forward and know we could financially continue to provide our current services and the new ones we wanted to add on.
We want to thank those of you who have provided financial assistance during this pandemic as well as the tangible items we received. It truly takes a partnership to meet the community’s needs now more than ever. And, you made a way for us to do just that. We can tell you honestly that the people we serve are grateful for your support.
With what we have been given, we are able to continue our current programs and we did add several new ones (listed below) created especially for those who have been hit hard by COVID-19. We also could not accomplish all of these programs without the help of the many volunteers who are committed to assisting us during this pandemic. Hearts is committed to helping the community throughout the pandemic and beyond.
- Our Hearts Harvest Food Pantry added zip codes outside our area to receive groceries.
- We added another day each month to hold an offsite Mobile Food Pantry distribution sponsored by FeedMore WNY.
- Hearts opened up our parking lot for the Buffalo Dream Center to add another distribution site to their monthly mobile food distributions. Hearts staff and volunteers helped with the distribution.
- Holy Cross Meal Distribution – Hearts is delivering a dinner meal to the homeless being housed at this location 7 nights a week – 5 nights we make and deliver dinner and 2 nights we provide for a pizza delivery.
- We are providing 100 sandwiches every Sunday to the Buffalo Dream Center’s sandwich outreach in partnership with Will Marcy and Kenmore Alliance Church Shelterless Ministry.
- Hearts dropped off 3 pallets of drinks, a pallet of several cases of Tostitos chips, brand new fleece jackets and Bombas socks to the Restoration Society at ECC Flickinger Center who are housing 100+ homeless people during COVID-19.
- We loaned our box trucks and drivers to FeedMore WNY to bring food to their Mount Olive Mobile Pantry distribution. Our staff helped with the distribution and made several trips to carry the food there. They served and helped a very large crowd.